Step 1: Complete the application by the weekly deadline before your party. You can find the application here. (Please note: This form is the ONLY way to apply for a DAPA Grant. We do not accept any applications submitted to email@example.com. We hope that our application makes the process quicker and more enjoyable for you.)
Step 2: We will notify applicants of awards on Wednesdays. Plan ahead to pick up your party kit at AODS [Smith Campus Center (75 Mt. Auburn Street), 6th floor, Suite 637] between 1 & 4 PM on the Thursday or Friday before your event.
Step 3: Fill out reimbursement forms and submit receipts to AODS (Smith Campus Center (75 Mt. Auburn Street), 6th floor, Suite 637) within two weeks of your event. Reimbursements can take 4-6 weeks to process, but they sometimes arrive sooner. Reminder: You must submit your reimbursement form & receipt(s) within 2 weeks of receiving your DAPA Grant! We will not be able to reimburse you after that time period.
Criteria: The DAPA Grants Committee looks at the following criteria when making decisions on applications:
- Specifics: Be as detailed and thorough as possible.
- Consumption: Think about how much money you plan to spend on alcohol (if you will be serving it) and consider spending a comparable amount (if not more) on food and non-alcoholic drinks. Our program looks to fund parties that offer a source of substantial food (not just chips, cookies, etc.).
- Timing: We award DAPA Grants to registered parties that occur during high-risk drinking times on campus (i.e. Thursday-Saturday nights). We look for parties that are thrown on social evenings. If your party is not on a Thursday-Saturday night but is during a high risk time (for example, before a weekday formal or on a Sunday of a long weekend) please be sure to explain why your party would still benefit from a DAPA grant.
- Thoughtfulness: The more effort and thought that you put into your application, the more it will stand out to us. Take time to explain how your event is a safe social activity, is inclusive to drinkers and non-drinkers, and reduces high risk drinking. Be genuine.
- Punctuality: Due to the high volume of applications and in fairness to applications submitted on time, we will not read applications submitted after the deadline each week.
** In addition to the criteria mentioned above, the Grants committee also considers the amount of grants awarded to you/your organization during the course of the semester and the amount of applications we receive in a given week.